Monitor your website statistics with Google Analytics
Google Analytics (GA) is a powerful statistics tool providing general and segmented data for your website visitors. With GA you can obtain various information, ranging from the total unique hits per page and the number of new vs old visitors to top keywords per page and the success of your goals. All this information may be analyzed and used to improve your website content and content structure, to adjust your marketing activities and eventually drive more and higher-quality traffic to your site.
In order to integrate GA into your site, follow the steps below:
1. Sign up for GA with your Google Account. If you don't have a Google account, create one by choosing the Sign Up Now link.
2. On signing in at GA, you'll be prompted to provide the following General Information:
In Contact Information list your name and location. In the next step check the confirmation box to agree with the terms and conditions, and then press Create Account button.
3. You'll be directed to the Add Tracking step. You DO NOT need to copy this snippet. Click Save & Finish and you will be directed back to the Overview of your account. From your account Overview, you will be able to view the Web property ID for the site (highlighted in Red). Copy this Web property ID to add to your site.
Add the Web property ID to your website following these steps:
- Login to your site and access Control Panel > Site Properties
- In Site Properties, scroll down to Special Features and click Show Options
- Choose Google Analytics from the Site Statistics dropdown menu
- Paste the Web property ID into its field and click Update
- You will now be able to access and login to your Google Analytics account through your Control Panel > Site Statistics.
4. Inside your GA account, under the Status column you will see the verification status of your site - it will appear as Unknown () until GA has detected the Web property ID you placed on your site in step 3. Within 24h the Web property ID should be detected and your Status column should display Receiving Data ().
All hits to your website will now displayed inside your GA interface. You may access the complete statistics report in dashboard view by selecting your website from View Reports dropdown.
Find more details on monitoring your statistics and using the reports at:OverviewExport Analytics Report and Email Analytics ReportCompare Date Ranges