Add a favicon to your website
The favicon, also called ‘favorites icon’, is a small image displayed next to the website URL in the browser address bar, and inside the Favorites (Bookmarks) menu. While it does not have any specific function, it helps to further establish your website branding.
To add a favicon to your site, your website design should support the static file upload feature. Please verify this option is available in your Site Properties before proceeding.
Create and add a favicon
1. Create the favicon image, with approximate size 16 x 16 px. You may use any imaging software to create it or use a free favcion generator like Dagon Design favicon generator to create a favicon out of a large image you have (logo, stock image you own, etc). To create a favicon with this tool follow these steps:
- browse for the image you want to use as favicon, and upload it (JPG, PNG, or GIF format is required, with size of up to 100K ).
- the generated favicon will appear. Right click on it and save it as: favicon.ico
2. Upload the favicon image inside the Site Static Files upload feature. The uploaded favicon will obtain this URL: http://yourdomain.com/favicon.ico
3. Paste the code below in an HTML snippet in the header area of your site (replace the highlighted part with your domain).
<link rel="shortcut icon"
4. Publish your site. The favicon will appear in the address bar (and also in the Favorites / Bookmarks menu when saved) of your browser.